Do you have a passion for technology & solving problems? Do you want to make a difference, delivering software used by some of the biggest companies in the world? Do you love working with others in a dynamic agile environment?
Companies throughout the world are exposed to risk; understanding and managing that risk is key to their continued success. As part of the Connected Risk team you'll be delivering solutions that help our customers protect their business and make smarter decisions.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate Technical Consultants to join our growing team as we strive to deliver excellence to our customers. You're a self starter who will be part of an empowered agile team working on our portfolio of products.
Reporting to the manager of professional services, this individual will support clients during the technical implementation of their Empowered Systems applications. The individual is primarily responsible for assisting and guiding clients to install the application, support upgrades, manage third-party integrations, assist data ETL & implement user authentication (SAML/LDAP).
This is a client facing role and will require superior communication skills with individuals at all levels of organizations, both external and internal. Collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team will be integral to this position.
- Understand & present the application logical architecture & provide a technical overview to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Support client on-premise installation including application server, database server, reporting server, SFTP & user authentication (SAML/SSO/LDAP) setup
- Guide and support our client’s use of the API to achieve their requirements for integrating other applications and data
- Set up SQL Views for export of data or to expose for other reporting tools
- Use of scripting languages for querying and/or dynamic field value calculation
- Design and create dynamic reports using third party reporting tool, OpenText Analytics Designer
- Support data migration and data load into the Empowered Systems applications on behalf of our customers
- Perform performance and load testing with a specific focus on response times, system resource utilization and system throughputs for the given software/hardware configuration
- Issue investigation and debugging using administrative tools & system logs to check for errors, warnings & indicators of a problem.
- Adhere to standards of practice for project implementation
- Create and maintain all client documentation and communication vital to assigned projects
- Communicate product issues, product enhancements and client feedback to the Product Team in a clear and timely manner
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Technical Systems Analyst role or equivalent
- Can define, create, and deliver technical demonstrations of the product and its features tailored to meet the specific needs of the audience, which may include internal resources, customers or potential customers.
- Demonstrates the use of effective questioning skills to identify requirements in one to one or group situations both internal/external and articulate how a client’s decision and requirements can impact the overall model they are designing
- Sets and manages client expectations & has the confidence to push back on unreasonable requests and out of scope requirements from clients
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Successfully operates on several projects at the same time & prioritise to work to achieve deadlines
- Experience working with complex enterprise applications
- Technical competence in several of the following areas:
- Web application experience with an ability to understand and present network architecture and data flows
- Application Server experience: Tomcat, Websphere
- Database Server experience: Microsoft SQL, Oracle
- Secure File transfer methods: sFTP
- Cloud architecture and hosting: AWS and Azure
- Single Sign On (SSO) technologies, setup and configuration: IdP providers, SAML
- Performance and Load Testing for web applications
- Web application/server health review and issue resolution: log analysis, investigation and testing experience
- Experience working with APIs
- Enterprise Software Development Methodologies: Agile & Waterfall
- Experience with integrated 3rd party reporting tools
- A strong interest in understanding client business issues, as well as the technology supporting businesses
- Professional consulting experience preferred, internal consulting and collaboration considered.
- Proven excellence with customer facing activities. Must have a passion for creating and delivering customer value.
- Designing and building software applications with a focus on secure system design and integrations.
- Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Internal Controls (GRC) domain expertise will be a significant plus
- Knowledge or Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Bachelors Degree is required; in engineering, technology, or related field