Do you have a passion for technology? Do you want to make a difference, delivering software used by some of the biggest companies in the world? Do you love working with others in a dynamic agile environment?
Companies throughout the world are exposed to risk; understanding and managing that risk is key to their continued success. As part of the Connected Risk team you\'ll be delivering solutions that help our customers protect their brand and make smarter decisions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate software engineer to join our team as we strive to deliver excellence to our customers. You\'re a self starter who will be part of an empowered agile team working on Connected Risk.
Whilst your background will be in software development, your curiosity, desire to learn and enthusiasm for technology means you can do what it takes to get the job done. Quality is non-negotiable, so a good focus on code quality, unit testing and enabling automated testing is important.
- You will build and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code based on User Stories and software designs
- Working within a multi-functional agile team, you\'ll develop enterprise software, adhering to company standards and established software methodology.
- Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you\'ll ensure that your team delivers reliable, robust software through the creation and execution of automated tests.
- To help the teams develop and learn, you will review work of peers and more junior developers, providing advice and guidance to benefit the team as a whole.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you will inspect and adapt, finding innovative ways to make your team work more effectively.
- Through participation in refinement and planning sessions, you will work with other team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options and complexity estimates, and agree how to deliver the requirements.
- Actively participating in Scrum meetings, you will give timely status updates on areas for which you are responsible.
- Experienced software engineer with excellent knowledge of the Java language and underlying JVM
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiar with various design patterns.
- Experience of unit testing.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Understanding of security implications and secure coding
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable components
- Experienced in or a strong desire to work in a formal agile software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of HTML and XML.
- Proficient using source code management tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with other languages, for example Typescript and Python, and the ability to put that familiarity into practice.
- Experience with RESTful interfaces
- Understanding of multi-threading
- Cloud technologies – particularly Azure
- Experience working with Gradle/Maven
- Familiar with continuous build and integration
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Familiar with general testing principles and concepts – UI testing, API testing etc.
A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.