Do you have a passion for technology & solving problems? Do you want to make a difference, delivering software used by some of the biggest companies in the world? Do you love working with others in a dynamic agile environment?
Companies throughout the world are exposed to risk; understanding and managing that risk is key to their continued success. As part of the Connected Risk team you'll be delivering solutions that help our customers protect their business and make smarter decisions.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate Business Consultants to join our growing team as we strive to deliver excellence to our customers. You're a self starter who will be part of an empowered agile team working on our portfolio of products.
Reporting to the manager of professional services, this individual will support clients during the implementation of their Empowered Systems applications. The individual is primarily responsible for assisting and/or leading client requirements discovery workshops, translating requirements into system design and using our ‘no-code’ platform to configure client solutions.
This is a client facing role and will require superior communication skills with individuals at all levels of organizations, both external and internal. Collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team will be integral to this position.
- Facilitate conversations, analyse customer processes and documentation to elicit detailed requirements
- Identify and manage conflicting requirements that are uncovered during the engagement
- Suggest efficiencies in customer’s process using proven methodology, facilitate sound decision making, review various options and considerations in system design, provide insight into pros and cons of options, etc.
- Ensure customers realize maximum value from their investment by driving proper methodologies, process, and best practices in all consulting engagements.
- Keep project manager informed on the status of assigned activities, including risks to the overall project. Assist in ensuring that project plan timeline is kept up to date.
- Assist the senior business consultant in application design.
- Play a primary role in configuration and creating and executing unit test cases of client requirements in the application
- Assist client in their acceptance testing & roll out of the application
- Support other team members working with the client, such as training and support
- Adhere to standards of practice for project implementation
- Create and maintain all client documentation and communication vital to assigned projects
- Communicate product issues, product enhancements and client feedback to the Product Team in a clear and timely manner
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Demonstrates the use of effective questioning skills to identify requirements in one to one or group situations both internal/external and articulate how a client’s decision and requirements can impact the overall model they are designing
- Sets and manages client expectations, requiring coordination of sales, pre-sales, and professional services teams
- Can define, create, and deliver demonstrations of the product and its features tailored to meet the specific needs of the audience, which may include internal resources, customers, potential customers or broader audiences at trade shows, webinars, etc.
- Empowers other team members and contributes to an environment in which people can work collaboratively and effectively
- Proactively draws upon experience and knowledge to ensure that team outputs are achieving end objectives
- Successfully operates on several projects at the same time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment and willing to address complex problems with minimal direction.
- Has the ability to effectively evaluate input from team members and select the best available option
- Has the confidence to push back on unreasonable requests and out of scope requirements from clients
- A strong interest in understanding client business issues, as well as the technology supporting businesses
- Professional consulting experience preferred, internal consulting and collaboration considered.
- Proven excellence with customer facing activities. Must have a passion for creating and delivering customer value.
- Designing and building software applications with a focus on UI and UX design
- Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Internal Controls (GRC) domain expertise will be a significant plus
- Knowledge or Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Experience leveraging Microsoft technology, JIRA and business process modelling tools
- Bachelors Degree is required; in business, engineering, technology, or related field is desirable
- Industry Certification from GRC related professional bodies such as ARM, IIA or ISACA is desirable
- Industry Certification from Technology related professional bodies such as BCS or PMI is desirable